SBC is excited to be delivering training workshops for commercial and multifamily new construction buildings air tightness testing program on behalf of Enbridge Gas.
This free training program is intended for individuals with building envelope or building commissioning interest/experience and have a work and/or educational background in building enclosure, energy modelling, architecture, building sustainability, structural engineering, energy auditors or similar, general contractors, and builders/developers. Note that a statement of qualifications/experience is required as part of the application. Training will consist of:
- A ½ day of classroom curriculum identifying the various Code and green standard requirements, the major testing methodologies and approaches (whole building vs guarded) and how to test large multi-zone buildings
- A ½ day hands-on session using multiple blower doors to demonstrate proper set-up and installation, calibration of multiple blower doors, communications, air sealing requirements procedures and potential mitigation strategies;
Participants will receive instructional manual, all presentation materials, links to source documents, supplemental training material, and a Certificate of Completion.
- Dr. Randy van Straaten, Building Enclosure Labs Inc.
- Trevor Trainor, Bawating Building Science
- Miyoko Oikawa, Building Energy Matters
The first training session is happening on Tuesday, June 27th, at Earth Rangers Centre in Vaughn, Ontario.