Building Resilient Communities
October 1, 2015
Dr. Coert Zachariasse RA
Zachariasse Consulting & CEO, Delta Development Group
Coert Zachariasse (48), (nationality Dutch), Father to Sanne (18), Floor (15) and Christian (12). Residing in Vlaardingen (The Netherlands). Hobbies include skiing, sailing, jogging, fishing and playing guitar.
Coert is owner of Delta Development Group, Holland’s leading circular real estate developer and investor. Delta Development Group is currently developing a €750 million real estate development pipeline all based on Circular Economic principles. He is the driving force behind the Cradle to Cradle® inspired business park, Park 2020 at Hoofddorp, next to Schiphol, Amsterdam Airport, the first of such in the world. His progressive and ambitious thinking has established him as a leader in the field of Cradle to Cradle® development and Circular Economy. As such Coert is leading the way in the implementation of Circular Economic Principles in the real estate sector. His latest project together with long-standing partners is for the creation of the first major national hotbed for the Circular Economy in the Netherlands.
In 2013 he was honoured to win the Dutch Top 50 Sustainable Real Estate award which gives recognition to his commitment and dedication to sustainable development and more recently was listed in the World’s top 25 Eco-innovators by Fortune Magazine.
In 2013 Coert launched Zachariasse Consulting, a consultancy firm in the project development sector. He is much in demand as a keynote speaker both on a national and international level where he shares his knowledge, vision and unique experience in the field of sustainable development.
Graduated Masters in Business Admin/Economics at Rotterdam Erasmus University (1989)
Post doctorate in Accountancy (1992) Registered CPA (1992)
Auditorat Reyn, de Blaey Rotterdam registered accountants from 1985 – 1996
Financial manager at Delta Development Group (1996 -1998)
General manager at Delta Development Group (1998 -2001)
Owner and CEO Delta Development Group (from 2001)
• Founder of Zachariasse Consulting (from 2013)
• Non executive board member and part owner of VBM Capital Investment Group
• Non executive board member of Roto Group
• Chairman Enginn – Municipality of Haarlemmermeer start up incubator for Sustainable
• Board member of the Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute
• Board member Dutch Green Building Council
• Member Green Deal Circulaire Bouwen.
• Member of Circular Economy 100 –Ellen MacArthur Foundation
• Winner sustainable top 50 real estate Holland
• Voted No. 21 in the World’s Top 25 Eco-innovators by Fortune Magazine
• Active supporter of a number of children’s charities in his native Netherlands
REGISTER NOW for the 2015 Green Building Festival