**Submissions Are Now CLOSED Until Further Notice**
SBC has initiated a Call for Papers as part of its White Paper/Research series. The attached document provides the requirements.
Recognizing the broad spectrum that encompasses SBC’s “target market”, research papers will be considered in a variety of potential topic areas:
- Environmental sustainability and resource conservation
- Buildings related sustainability, energy, water and environmental high performance
- Community related sustainability, energy, water and environmental high performance
- Health and well-being as relates to any of the above
- Other sector related topics
NOTE: IN 2021, WE ARE PARTICULARLY INTERESTED IN TOPIC AREAS THAT RELATE TO DEEP ENERGY RETROFITS
The research should identify and include:
- An assessment of the current situation and challenge and the rationale for undertaking the research
- The potential proactive opportunities/activities
- Key results and outcomes including potential impacts and next steps.
Proposals in the form of a 1-page or less description of the research highlighting the key research parameters, the nature of the research (primary, secondary, normative, qualitative etc) and the budget should be submitted to SBC using the Web-link.
Note that SBC has a limited budget for White Papers in any given year. Projects with a budget less than $10,000 are more suitable to our annual funding limit. Projects with higher budgets will be considered based on their merits and in the context of the total budget.
Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. November 30, 2020. Submissions will be reviewed and approved by the SBC Program Committee and will be assessed on the basis of their merit and their uniqueness. Proponents are encouraged to review previous White Papers posted on the SBC Website prior to submitting their proposals.
SBC will advise successful proponents in early January, 2021 and final reports are due by June 30, 2021. Final Reports must also be accompanied by a 30 minute presentation which will be featured as part of SBC’s webinar series.
To submit a proposal, please send a PDF of the 1-page proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org .Be sure to include your key contact information in the body of your email, including a phone number where you can be reached.