Diploma & graduate Students – learn how to make Better Buildings!
July 10, 2020
Better Buildings Boot Camp Program 2020
This is a general overview of this year’s Boot Camp (BBBC). A more detailed schedule will be shared with participants after registration confirmation.
Pre-Boot Camp resources
- Several 5-10 minute recorded webinars by subject matter with experts in sustainable buildings available online to registered students.
- Pre-recorded webinars presenting the building and project team’s vision for the building.
- BBBC 2020 online group: a learning community where students, faculty and professionals can provide introductions and engage in ongoing discussions.
- Instructions for the platforms used for the Boot Camp.
Monday, August 24 – Thursday, August 27 | 9 am to 1 pm
- 2 to 3 interactive live webinars (30-60 min.) of plenary presentations by professional and/or academic experts on topics specifically related to the project building (i.e. indoor environmental quality, opaque and transparent building assemblies, mechanical systems, financing, operations and maintenance, etc.). Session will contain a variety of individual and panel style discussions. The webinars will be interactive through the use of surveys, polls, chat, and contain links to additional resources.
- Each live webinar session will include time for Q&A. The questions submitted by students via the webinar chat function will be answered live online by the speaker(s).
- 2 to 3 moderated interactive live (10-30 min.) small group online collaborative activities. These moderated activities will follow plenary webinar sessions and allow students to engage directly with each other. Each student will be assigned to a cross-institutional, multi-disciplinary group for the duration of the Boot Camp. Moderators (subject matter experts and faculty) will rotate between the groups.
- At the end of each day, students will be given an assignment which will consist of links to videos and/or relevant readings on the major topic(s) to be covered on the following day.
Friday, August 28 | 9 am to 1 pm
- Students will observe a live online interactive webinar of the actual professional workshop of the Boot Camp Building
- Q&A allowing students to compare their recommendations with those chosen by the building project team and subject matter experts.
- Live interactive webinar closing the session (10 min). Certificates of completion sent out, survey monkey reviewing the program sent out, invitation to GBF20, and announcement of any other upcoming workshops, etc.
Better Building Boot Camp
August 24-28, 2020
July 10, 2020
The Boot Camp is open to graduate program or diploma students from OCAD University, Ryerson University, University of Toronto, and York University.
FREE (Space is Limited)