Register today for the 2014 Green Building Festival on Thursday, October 2nd at Daniels Spectrum in Toronto.
As extreme climate-related events and challenges increasingly affect our urban communities and infrastructure, cities around the world are designing smarter, building better, planning more sustainably, and implementing green solutions to create robust and resilient communities.
Join Sustainable Buildings Canada and hundreds of green building professionals for an action-packed day focused on best practices to address climate-driven threats to our cities and sustainable planning, design, engineering, and building solutions.
Expert speakers and panelists announced
Hear new ideas and workable solutions presented by experts from Canada, the United States, and around the world including:
- Calgary Mayor Naheed Nenshi (invited)
- Nico Tillie, Rotterdam’s lead advisor on energy, green, water, and resilient city strategies. Coordinator of European Union projects on sustainable development, energy transitions, and ecosystem services.
- Alec Hay, Director, University of Toronto Centre for Resilience of Critical Infrastructure
- Glenn McGillivray, Managing Director, Institute for Catastrophic Loss Reduction
- Sudhir Suri, Senior Architect & Partner, L’OEUF Architects, Montreal
- Janine de la Salle, Principal, Urban Food Strategies, Vancouver
- Peter Halsall, President Canadian Urban Institute
- Nina-Marie Lister, Associate Professor of Urban + Regional Planning at Ryerson University. Visiting Associate Professor of Landscape Architecture at Harvard University, Graduate School of Design.
- Nick Larson, R.V. Anderson, Envision rating system for sustainable infrastructure
- Ian Gray, OALA, Sustainable Systems Strategies and Design, MMM Group Limited
Earn valuable CEUs at the 2014 Green Building Festival
Festival organizers have partnered with the OAA, the OALA, and CaGBC to ensure your participation at the Green Building Festival will qualify for valuable, affordable continuing education credits.